Bookmyshow is the number one website of Online Movie Ticket Booking in India. BookMyShow also makes online booking of live shows, Concerts, Theater play, etc. in addition to movie booking. BookMyShow website Bigtree Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. It is owned by Ashish Hemrajani, the founder and CEO. In this article, know-how with courage and hard work Ashish Hemrajani took his company to these heights.
Ashish Hemrajani started his career in 1997 after completing his MBA from Mumbai University with J Walter Thompson. After working here for two years, in 1999, Ashish started his company Bigtree Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. Of launch. His story of becoming an entrepreneur is interesting.
- He thought of doing business while backpacking tour in South Africa. Ashish was resting under a big tree and listening to the radio. The radio program Ashish was listening to was a ticket promotion for a rugby game. After listening to that, an idea came to Ashish’s mind.
- For the next few days, he continued in the same uproar. By the end of the trip, Ashish made up his mind and decided to open the company. Since he got the idea under a big tree, he named the company Bigtree Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. Kept
In 2002, when the dot-com bubble burst, Ashish was not untouched by it, but he stayed. In the company of a staff of 150 people, only 6 people were left. The company came to an end. Leave salary, Ashish also found it difficult to arrange food for two days. Ashish somehow crossed this phase.
Funding & Investment
- BookMyShow launched in 2007 was a successful product and Network 18 invested in it a few days after its launch.
- In 2012, Accel Partners raised $ 18 million in BookMyShow. That brought the value of BookMyShow to $ 59 million.
- In 2014, SAIF Partners also invested $ 25 million.
- In July 2016, American Stripes Group invested Rs 550 crores.
Acquisitions of Bookmyshow
- TicketGreen, Chennai’s online ticketing company in 2013
- Bought a huge stake in Bangalore’s social media analytics startup Eventifier in 2015.
- Fantain Sports Pvt. Ltd. of Chennai itself in 2016. Ltd. Acquired.
- Acquired Hyderabad’s MastiTickets online ticketing platform in January 2017.
- Took 75% stake in Event registration & ticketing platform named Townscript in February 2017.
Apart from all this, BookMyShow has done a 5-year deal to sell PVR Ltd tickets for Rs 1000 crore. As on date, about 60 crore people use the BookMyShow website every month, in which 50-60% of ticket booking is done through the mobile app. Every month about 4-5 crore new users join BookMyShow.
- On May 10, the world’s most famous pop star Justin Bieber is coming to India, whose show is going to be held in Mumbai’s DY Patil Stadium. Bookmyshow is also done for online booking of tickets for this show, the starting price of the ticket is Rs 4000.
If you like the article, then do share and forward it, so that other people can also read this information.
Check out our previous post – Bill Gates – Biography, Microsoft & Success Story